i enjoyed this :) looking forward to the next chapter!
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
An Indigenous fantasy narrative about plants, community, and magic.
The healer Kohkom has disappeared. Play as Awâsis, the healer’s apprentice, and blend magic elemental teas. Influence the lives of a colourful cast of characters using the plants you gather. Connect with your estranged home, discover your gifts, and solve the mystery of who Kohkom really was.
- an Indigenous-fantasy world set in the aftermath of decolonization
- magic elemental tea-making gameplay! boil pretty plants in a kettle!
- the choice of tea you serve influences other characters
- investigate the mysterious disappearance of Kohkum
- art drawn by Cree artist Caeleigh Lightning
~ About the Demo: ~
In this tutorial, Awâsis realizes that Kohkom is missing. Meet Kohkom and Uncle in her flashbacks. Try serving different teas to Uncle to change his grumpy mood! Will your tea bring out his anger, or bring him and Awâsis closer together?
Any feedback on this demo will inform future chapters! <3
Download will be made available on October 20 at the beginning of imagineNATIVE film + media arts festival!
Edit: Download now available! Play Mikiwam in-browser and check out more Indigenous interactive work at https://indigital.imaginenative.org
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Demo launch!37 days ago